What types of residential care are available?

Residential aged care services provide two main levels of accommodation and support:

  • Hostel or "low care" accommodation like RM Begg's facility allows you to live independently, but get help with meals, personal care like dressing and bathing and medication management.
  • Nursing home or "high care" facilities provide 24 hour nursing care, meals, laundry, cleaning and personal care.

Who decides if I am eligible for RM Begg and who pays?

The government assists in funding residential aged care places. Potential residents must first be assessed as eligible by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). This can be arranged with your local doctor or health service, and the assessment will take place by appointment, either at home, or in hospital if necessary. The ACAT may include a doctor, nurse, social worker, physiotherapist and/or occupational therapist, and they will advise on suitable care options, including respite care.

How do I apply?

Prior to applying to enter RM Begg or any other Aged Care facility an Aged Care Assessment Teams/Services (ACAT) will need to assess you to determine if you are eligible for Australian Government supported Residential Aged Care.

If you are recommended by an ACAT for residential aged care, the ACAT will provide you with a copy of the Entry Pack for residential aged care. The Entry Pack provides potential residents, their carer(s), friends and/or family members with detailed information about the process of entering residential aged care and includes a standard application form that can be used to apply for either respite or long term residential aged care.

What will the accomodation cost?

Accomodation Pricing Information is available in our Key Features Statement.

Download here

Privacy Policy

Download here